You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Whole 30: We are Breaking UP, Its not You its Me

So I completed The Whole 30 in February along with a second round of 21 Day Fix (first round results HERE) and I was pretty proud of my results!
Whole 30 & Shakeology (So lets call it "Half 30")


But as I did make clear, I was NOT going to adjust my life totally for Whole 30.  There were some deal breakers in my current lifestyle that have worked so well for me over the past 3 years of my health and fitness journey, like Shakeology.


Deal Breaker

From what I read in the book "we are all adults" and can make decisions about how to do just about any program. The program also suggests using a multivitamin, which I just won't do and is why I drink Shakeology daily instead.  No harm, no foul.  I made my adult decision.  

However recently, the author posted and she was pretty upset. Mostly because people were making modifications to her program and requiring Shakeology as part of a challenge group. While I have NEVER done this personally, and I did the program to try it for myself.   I respect she designed the program a certain way and does not want her brand to be damaged or confused.

I learned a lot doing this program and like any program I have done, I take what I learned and use it to educate myself and incorporate these teachings into my daily life.  I feel like I have kicked up my clean eating game, learned a lot of new recipes that are portion control compliant and that I can share with my challengers. 

No one puts Baby in the corner.

I'm going to keep kicking some clean eating tail, but I'm going to do it MY way, the way that works best for ME. I respect that approach with anyone I consult with and I'm really glad had a great experience that is going to help me be a better Coach and help my Challengers crush some serious cravings.

I LOVE what I learned but I'm so glad to have cocktails and pizza back in my life too- its all about moderation.  Thats really what works best for me! 80/20 living I'm a working mom and in real life, flexibility has been my friend for the past 36 months.  I'd say I have a good thing going!

You live, you learn and then you apply what you learned! If you have any questions about how to even BEGIN a clean eating program, lets chat!! I know we can get you where you need to be! ;)

So CHEERS to living and learning, doing better and being better!


Fill out my online form.

No comments:

Post a Comment