You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Meal Plan Mechanics

Meal Planning! It is something that can seems so foreign to people.  It absolutely did for me for so long! I really struggled to learn how to do it.
Take heart in knowing that this doesn't come easily for most people and as I was learning how to do it I had a million pieces of paper in my kitchen and scratch paper to make sure I had it right!
But one thing that I KNOW is that if you have at least a plan, at least ONE DAY scratched out, you are way more likely to follow it and stay on track vs. winging it. So don't be intimidated when you see a plan like this.  But know you can do it too!

21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan (Carb Depletion Included)

If you want to try to create your own plan you can download a meal plan template HERE

I look at meal planning like this, snacks and lunches are CRITICAL. You need to at minimum know what those are, especially when traveling.  Have the ingredients on hand for breakfast and dinner.  But those healthier alternative to snacks and lunches are key.


What I have learned over the past 3 years is if I didn't fuel my body every 3-4 hours I would be more likely to make a less healthy choice later in the day.  Or at dinner I'd be ravenously hungry and eat more than I should from starving all day. I could focus, stay on task and overall feel less deprived.  

Having a Road Map that you literally leave on your kitchen counter every week will not only set you up for success, but you will start seeing a change in how you feel.

Does that mean you starve? NOPE- you can really eat many of your favorite recipes, tweaked slightly so you can enjoy them.  Taco's, Chicken Parmesan, Apple Crisp, yes you can! Cleaned up versions of your favorites!

This Clean Cookie Dough is another winner and helps curb that sweet tooth too.

You need to look at meal planning thru different eyes and realize you aren't depriving yourself, you are making better choices over time.  Putting some effort into finding alternatives for your less healthy choices and trying them.  Literally.  Not all recipes may be winners for you and thats OK but when you hit on the good ones - BINGO! All the recipes I post on my blog are family tested and ones I use in regular rotation.
The biggest change for us is that we really use portion control or container system nutrition - we basically  track what we eat daily- AGAIN not to deprive us. But to be sure we are fueling our bodies with the right foods daily! You would be shocked to learn how you can miss the mark on servings per day of the right foods in the right combination.

By just flipping the switch, eating the right portions and working out for at least 30 minutes a day, you will kicking in your metabolism to burn fat and build muscle for a leaner, healthier version of you!

Check out the number of Clean Eating Recipes and Crock Pot Clean Recipes here on my blog and simply start by substituting and trying some new choices.

If you are interested in taking a deeper dive, email me directly at Dfnettleton@gmail.com or fill out the application below to take part in my next Accountability Group!

Sometimes it just takes more of a blueprint to find success! ;)


Fill out my online form.

No comments:

Post a Comment