You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Ultimate Reset Week 1 Summary

This is my first week on the Ultimate Reset. And I have to say that I went into it with some apprehension. I have done the 3 Day Refresh before this with great results. So I imagined this would be similar. In some ways it is but in other ways it's very different. The 3 Day Refresh mainly being 3 days, could I do 21?? (Video on the Ultimate Reset ----> HERE)

Why Reset?

My reason for choosing this program is because I currently have an injury and I am not supposed to be doing any intense exercise. So I wanted to maintain my results and continue to eat clean. Many people use this program if they're struggling with their health, food cravings, or with their weight. Or even if they've been experiencing low energy and they feel sluggish.


Caffeine is removed as well although you can work with that with some exception. That was going to be tough for me, I don't drink a lot of coffee but LOVE my tea. So herbal tea it is for the next 21 days!






WHAT YOU GET & PHILOSOPHY: So this is what was in the box that showed up with all of these packets, DVD's and booklets. The nice thing about the program is that it come with two DVDs to help you 1. START the program as well as 2. COOK! I have to say that I definitely learned a lot. From as simply as how to make scrambled eggs to how to prepare a micro-green salad. (WTH is a Micro Green Salad? I know now! Picture a little further down the blog.)



Another aspect of the program is the supplements you will take along with your meal plan. This shows which ones you will use while on the Ultimate Reset. As well as what each one does for your body.

For instance, as you can see from the chart you will use Mineralize. Since you drink distilled water you add Mineralize (Himalayan Salt) since the water is stripped down.



The meal plan on this program is key since you are restricted with fitness to light Yoga, Tai Chi, stretching or 20 minute walks.

MY EXPERIENCE/RESULTS WEEK 1: 

So I have completed Phase 1 or the first week of the program called Reclaim. It was a learning curve for sure but I am AMAZED because I LOST 6.8 LBS THE FIRST WEEK. I was fit and in great shape before the program so I honestly did not anticipate a significant weight loss. For someone that is 5'3" that is significant! And I can say I don't feel as though it was a loss of muscle mass since I am eating horse size portions and do not feel starved at all! THAT is enough to motivate me to dig deep and keep going.

The purpose of Phase 1 is to begin to remove the stress on your digestive system to help get your body back into a healthy pH balance. You gradually remove meat from your diet.



This wasn't an issue for me since already curb my use of dairy and many of the vegetarian options they provide are very appealing to me.

Jicama

I will say that the shopping and preparation process for the plan was a challenge at first since it was new to me and I literally didn't know what some of the vegetables or seasonings were. For instance Jicama-- my new BFF. I have eaten it on some of my favorite restaurant dishes and NEVER knew it before! I'd never know that this was what it was looking at it in produce. It's crunchy and has a mild sweetness, and is amazing in salads or on it's own. So, see I'm learning!

BASICS OF THE PLAN: 

You have a list of foods and meals to prepare which make up 3 meals per day. You can have a snack and they give you a list of of foods as well or you can substitute Shakeology. Well I was all in on that because I needed something I didn't have to CHOP to be honest. All the fresh veggies need prepping so you do feel a bit like Bobby Flay or Top Chef. But they, in my opinion, have been DELISH! The only mediocre exception was the Temphe (fermented soy). You can bake it and it wasn't horrible, just not my first pick.
Micro Greens Salad

Water

Then there is the WATER. You need to drink at minimum half your body weight in DISTILLED water per day, optimally a gallon per day. All the water you use to cook should also be distilled. They don't want any impurities in the water and you will use the Mineralize in the water to add essential minerals. 
Finally the Supplements - you take them on a schedule and the important thing is that you take them on an empty stomach so don't get hung up on the timing listed below. Each week comes with a little card you can keep in your caddy to keep you sane and know what to take when.


CONFESSION TIME: 

 Did I cheat at all? Well I didn't completely. But I will say during the first week I did gobble up a baked chicken strip my kids left on their plate, OK 2. But I it was more of a panic moment that I wasn't going to be able to have animal proteins for a while! LOL! Did I have to talk myself out of a tree to NOT eat my daughters Christmas Peppermint Patty?? YES!! This is something that I know about myself. I'm an emotional eater and when I get upset I want to soothe myself with food. I have had to really consciously break myself from that habit and channel it to other things. But doesn't make me immune from it.

I started this on a vacation week so that took the stress out of it somewhat because I didn't have to prepare so militantly as I have in the past. But also I learned that it would take time to make the dinners so I could prepare for the lunches and just know that I'd have to allocate time to making my food.

With that said, preparation is YOUR FRIEND. There is also an AWSOME feature, Reset in a Crunch.


This saved me some days I just could NOT make the recipe listed or had not time. The chart broke it down neatly into what I could have that day that would work. Took the sting out of panic mode when I didn't have all the ingredients or didn't like the options for the day.

Making things ahead like pre-chopping veggies or making the dressing, baking your pumpkin seeds are also key.

One other important fact I learned SLOW THE HELL DOWN! Seriously. The meals do take some time to cook and guess what. That's not a bad thing. I actually found myself connecting more with my family because I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT COOK. LOL! Really! I joke but I also found that I was taking the time to enjoy what I made and that using different spices made my food taste AH-MAZE-ING. I LOVE that I'm learning so much in this process. It is a process. I'm a soup making fool right now! That Zuchinni/Cashew Soup....OMG- I'm still floored how easy that is and how amazing it tastes!


So I am EXCITED to move into Week 2 and Phase 2 of this program. It has opened up so many new doors for me in my nutrition and knowledge about myself.

Keep following my journey and please ask questions. I won't hold back!!

For more info on the Ultimate Reset check out this video link and let me know if you'd like to know how you can start your journey! ----> Ultimate Reset

No comments:

Post a Comment