You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Whole 30: Week 2 Review


Recipes

Burger on an eggplant "bun"
Turkey Meat Balls
Cauliflower Mash

Daily Summary

Remember the Rules Even when Out
Day 8-9 (Nooo my pants are tighter!) I hear not everyone experiences this phase. I felt as though I did!! In week 1 I felt leaner.  However, in these days I felt puffy again. Really thirsty!! I think I need to watch my salt intake and drink more water.  Its easy to go overboard on the salt if your not careful!

Day 10-11 (Hardest Days) I hear these are the days most people quit.  I honestly haven't had that urge.  I am amazed how I'm actually OK without the sugar.  I don't feel as hung over as I did that first week.  That was amazing to me how removing all sweetener has impacted me physically.  I am patiently waiting for that energy surge, I'm not there yet.  I feel more tired than energized at this phase.

Planning Amazing Dinners Helps
Day 12-15 (I dream of junk food!) So in Day 12 exactly, I had to deliver a gross of pizza to my brother and sister-in-laws house for my dad's birthday.  THAT I thought, would be pretty rough.  We planned ahead though, we made sure we ordered Whole 30 compliant food from our favorite Vegan Restaurant GZen.  

That way even though our favorite pizza would be there, we didn't feel like we missed out.  THAT was a big win for us.  To go to an event, not drink or eat off plan.  Not easy but felt so worth it after. Cause guess what!? I can see some muscle definition!! The Bloat is GONE and I'm feeling pretty motivated!

Sleep

Still sleeping well but yep having some crazy dreams.  The junk food dreams, not so much but dreaming about potentially slipping up and going back to Day 1, yep VERY REAL!! Not enough to wake me from my "coma sleep" but enough to make we wake wondering if I screwed up big time!!

Workouts

Still going STRONG on 21 Day Fix, energy is great.  I also use Energize tho pre-workout but I do notice I feel stronger and I'm using heavier weights. This isn't a reduced calorie plan so I'm want to make my workouts count!

Real Talk:

So not everyone is gonna give you the straight talk, but I sure will.  Cause that's what I do.

It's about.... well about El Numero Dos (#2) yep.  So prior to this, that was not an issue, like ever.  I notice now that it was less often which could be due to any number of factors.  I really do think tho I'm gonna lay off the RX Bars and make sure I'm eating more greens.  Sometimes you tend to lean on the proteins and healthy fats, and my gut needs more "motion".  

No one really had talked about that, so I figured I'd lay that out there.... and now I'm gonna walk away! ;)

What would I do differently going into Week 3?

I'm going to make sure to plan a bit better, writing out the week ahead makes a huge difference for shopping.  Which I KNOW but we all slack.  I made too many trips to the store this past week, I need to be more organized!


Turkey Meatballs Live & Thoughts on Week 2



No comments:

Post a Comment