You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Friday, October 14, 2016

Fit Mission Leadership Retreat



What a weekend!!  I just returned to Connecticut from Plymouth Massachusetts where I co-hosted 12 personally sponsored leaders. I collaborated with my friend and fellow Coach Jaime Messina to host this leadership retreat. It was an AMAZING event!!!

Anyone who was an Emerald Coach or higher and achieved Success Club the previous months could attend for FREE, other coaches could attend for a deposit. We invited Melanie Mitro, Super Star Diamond, 3X Elite, Currently the Top Coach for 2014 & 2015 come in for the event to do some training with the team as well.

We hosted this event in Plymouth, Massachusetts.  A little town just 15 minutes outside of Cape Cod.  Our beach house was right on the ocean with breathtaking views.  Plymouth is gorgeous and everyone loved the event!

The Vision

The vision for the weekend was to bring together our teams and create a positive team culture where we could grow, learn and challenge each other to elevate our leadership and our businesses! The goal is to develop friendships and provide each coach with resources so that they can reach their goals this year and in years to come. We run a virtual business and most of the time we are just chipping away in our own homes on our computers. It is nice to know that you are not alone in the struggles of building a health and fitness business.

You know what is pretty cool? When I got all of the women into the house it was like we were surrounded by 10 of our best friends. No drama, no conflict just lots of laughs, lots of brainstorming and just an amazing time at the beach building our businesses together!

Jaime and her dad did most of the meal prep, it was delicious and so thoughtful!  Our guests brought some apps and their favorite snacks and beverages.  Jaime and I hosted the training and the events. So what did the weekend look like?


Daily Agenda

Friday Night: Welcome Everyone arrived!  We greeted everyone on the first day with a special gift bag.  I gifted my team a copy of the "You Are a Badass" book by Jen Sincero, a coffee tumbler and a mantra band "Let Your Light Shine".  We enjoyed a potluck, cocktails and appetizers that first night and just got to relax and get to know each other.

Each coach went around the room and told a story of who they are, how they found their coach and why they became a coach! It was incredible to see how many coaches had followed me for some time before they signed up. Listening to each person tell their story made me realize how much more I love my job as a coach. I just love that I am truly making an impact on the lives of others and showing them how coaching can have such an amazing and positive impact on their lives and that of their families!

Saturday: Training Day! we kicked off the day with a Live Country Heat workout that I taught. Overlooking the ocean we did it on the roof top veranda.  The view was spectacular and everyone got a SERIOUS sweat! It was a blast!

Jaime was preparing breakfast while we worked out. Eggs, turkey bacon, whole wheat english muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt and Shakeology. It was quite a spread!

Next up was training! We brought our teams together to give them some solid business training to help move their business forward.

Jaime and I split the and presented the following trainings:

The Power of Your Story
Inviting & Following Up
Personal Development
Recognition
Challenge Groups

We broke for lunch and Melanie Mitro, our featured presenter arrived. We had time to break for a couple hours.  We had a FANTASTIC salad bar with baked chicken and sides.  It was a nice time for the team to socialize and meet Melanie as well as kick back a little from a busy morning.

For the afternoon session, Melanie was our featured speaker.  She presented on the following:

Time Management (making your business work while working FT) and a Q&A section.

Once we finished with this section it was PICTURE TIME!! We took team and retreat pictures as well as individual pictures with Melanie.

We had a great time and a lot of laughs! Everyone learned so much and how AWESOME was it to have devoted time to spend on our business development, team development and finding ways to help people really drive to meet their own personal goals!! Thats really the magic in all this.  No matter where we all came from, what our personal or professional background is, we all are doing this because we really CARE about making a POSITIVE impact!

Once we concluded the photo session, Melanie had 1:1 meetings with qualified coaches at the retreat to chat about personal goals for the end of the year and strategies to help them get to where they want to be.



Our goal was to provide the very BEST training possible to help coaches move their businesses forward as well as strengthen bonds and make new ones.  It was a success!!

While the girls were doing 1:1’s with Melanie, my co-host was pulling together dinner.  Each night we had a family style meal that was fabulous!

Saturday Night: Party! This was a great night of dining and cocktails.  We had some time to discuss our visions for the next 6 months and the next 1 year. Melanie continued to field questions and socialize with us to the evening.  We said goodbye to Mel and some of our Coaches had to leave for family commitments that night.

Sunday: Time for Goodbye! The last day and we all came back together for a breakfast in the morning. Honestly no one was rushing out of there!! We really learned so much, had so much fun and created some amazing bonds in the space of a short weekend.  We also wanted to respect our Coaches time by giving them back the rest of their holiday weekend.

However, if you spoke to any of them I think they would tell you that after this experience, they would not hesitate to devote time to coming again!

I truly truly am so blessed by this amazing team and I can’t think of a better job to have. I love that I get to have my own business and I can work as much or as little as I would like. I love that I can determine my future but I get to do it on my own terms and I truly am passionate about seeing other people succeed.

 In Closing-Our Team ROCKS! 
I LOVE hosting events like this because it is these moments when we come together that the real ah-ha moments happen! Life long friends are made and success becomes possible for so may!

 I love Team Fit Mission and I love coaching. Even after 2 and a half years of building my business I am not slowing down and I’m already thinking about how I can make next year even better!!!

 How can I top it? How can I continue to improve the growth of my team and help them reach their fullest potential?!

I can’t wait to see what the future has to hold for Team Fit Mission Coaches!!!

If you have every considered coaching or you would like to be a part of a community that is truly grounded in its mission of helping other people achieve healthy and fulfilling lives then this is for you!

Complete the application below to be considered for a spot on Team Fit Mission. I host New Coach Basics the first week of every month and I only be selecting a small group of go-getters to mentor and guide.

If thats YOU! Fill out the application below!!

Fill out my online form.

No comments:

Post a Comment