You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Ultimate Reset Week 2 Review

So here I would go, into Week 2 of The Ultimate Reset.   This is a Video Link for what the Reset can do for you ----> HERE!

So there is NO misunderstanding, Week 1 was definitely a challenge for me.  Not just because it was a different way of eating but I really felt like things were being taken away from me.  I realized pretty quickly that this was mostly in my head than in reality. I had plenty of food and could choose what meals I preferred over others.  With that said, I wanted to try as many of the recipe's in the Reset as possible and wanted to be open to the entire experience.  
By Week 2 I had Meal Prep under control.  I knew what things I could get ready in advance to help smooth the week along.  I also relied upon the Reset in a Crunch guide as well because I knew I would be traveling later in the week.  I needed to get my head around that since I really wanted to stay consistent in my progress and not head too far off course.  I explored options for dressings and packed my Shakeology for my afternoon snack.  I made sure to bring my own water bottle and supplements too.  

Week 2 you are moving away from animal proteins and more into legumes, grains and vegetables.  Chickpeas, pinto beans, brown rice and lentils.  


I found the Miso was something that I really loved as well as the Wakame Seaweed.  Both were easy to travel with and bring along.  I knew I'd be able to find salad's that would also fit into the plan.  finally, as long as I had my Vegan Shakeology, I knew I would have the dense nutrition I needed no matter where I was.   


My Experience/Results Week 2

So traveling added some complexity, as well as the fact that it was a celebration.  I stayed on track with salads, supplements and my water intake.  I did enjoy some celebratory beverages and a little off plan deserts one night.  I still managed to continue to lose and was at the 10 lb. loss stage at the end of Week 2!  I'd say it was a SUCCESS!
Airport Salad! Winning!
I don't think I've experienced this level of regular results in a VERY long time!  And on top of it, I am learning SO much about clean eating and how these foods impact my mood and health.

I wake in the morning feeling refreshed, not bloated.  My skin looks AH-MAZE-ING, even without makeup, I'm literally glowing!!  That is a shock since I have struggled with my skin my entire life!  

This week there was an addition to the supplements of "Detox".  This was a fiber based drink you had to take 3 times a day.  The first answer I will tell you is, NO it did not make some horrible after effect at all!  LOL!  This isn't a chemical laxative.  Its a natural fiber supplement so it aids in removal of toxins and waste.  You don't have to panic it will cause gassiness etc... most of the foods at this stage, in my experience did non of that.  That was another wonderful experience. Not feeling stomach sick or bloated!!  
I always felt GREAT!  Satisfied, not starving and not overly stuffed.  I think that we lose touch with how we are supposed to feel since we get so used to overeating.  We don't know what "normal" is anymore!

I'll echo what I said in Week 1- I have learned to SLOW THE HELL DOWN!  When you are cooking like this and eating mass quatity of salads etc..., you just have to.  One thing that really stuck with me... your stomach doesn't have teeth!! We are so used to gulping down our food we actually cause issues for our digestive track and stress it out.  

Also, we don't need to drink lots of water while eating.  Dilution of stomach acids while eating can actually cause gas and bloating.  
There are so many great things that I have learned again in Week 2, it's been an eye opener.  I actually love giving myself permission to slow down, without distraction and eat my meals.  It's been very peaceful and rewarding.  We are always so rushed, and I wanted to enjoy the fruits of my labor.  So what do I miss so far?  Oh my coffee for sure!! I just love it and I can't lie that I miss it.  But I have been sleeping like  a ROCK and that is something that I haven't done in years.  So I think the caffeine will be something that I'll have to introduce back gradually for sure!  I have to say I do like the occasional red meat, so that also is something I crave but it's in no way overwhelming to the point that I would cave at this juncture.  Ask me after Week 3! 

More to come!  Message me if you want more info on The Ultimate Reset and how you can join me in my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment