You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

3 Day Refesh- Day 1 onto Day 2

Well that was not as hard as I thought day one would be!  I honestly think the water consumption is key and I was definatly in the bathroom more than usual. The basic idea for the 3 Day Refresh is you have prescribed drinks during the day, Shakeology, Fiber Sweep, Vanilla Fresh, LOTS of water and vegetable snacks with a balanced fat all thru out the day.  

I will say I had a headache early in the day, but that subsided and it wasn't bad enough to need Tylenol.  I'm convinced thats some caffeine with draw.  The drinks and the food is spaced out well enough that I was always satisfied and not starving.  If I'm honest I was NEVER starving.  But your head plays games with you and you have to remind yourself its only 3 days and this is totally doable for 3 days.  So why not do it right and really evaluate how it makes me feel.

The nice thing about the Refresh is that you DO eat regularly on this plan. But it's plant based and meant to clean up or "Reset" your nutrition. Eg. Post a holiday food binge or post vacation. Even before you begin a workout program to clean up your diet. 


Herbal tea or Green Tea was my friend during the day. And I have to say with all the water and non caffeinated tea I thought I'd miss my coffee more. I got over that hump about 2/3's into my day.  I use Stevia, a natural calorie free sweetener but sparingly.  

I also thought I'd miss my roast chicken more too. I'm not gonna say I'd turn down a juicy burger once this is done!  But I do feel really good!  The Vanilla Fresh drink is high protein so I don't feel like I'm missing anything during this three days. 

At the end of the day I really enjoyed my dinner. It took more doing because on the Refresh all your ingredients are fresh so there is a little more prep that goes into your meals.  

I will tel you I slept like a ROCK and I woke up feeling good and not "hung over" like I normally do when I eat too many of the wrong kind of carbs. EG. High glycemic carbohydrates (pasta) dinner before bed. 

This program is definitely making me appreciate how food affects me. It's true when they say food can be the most potent form of poison or the best medicine. 

So I'm up now and going to PRESS PLAY With some P90X3 Yoga.  On to day 2!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment