You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Friday, October 3, 2014

I have not Failed, I've Simply Found a Thousand Ways that Do Not Work!

Albert Einstein said that quote and it's so true. 


P90X Results 2012


I have had my ups and downs in my fitness journey, I'm by no means perfect.  In 2012 I was running a lot.  I used it to deal with work stress and grief.  I felt like the next hurdle for my fitness was to embark on P90X.  I had friends that did the program and I heard about this strange nutrition plan and what is this all about?  I read about the technique and the logic behind the workouts.  How I needed to eat in each Phase.  The preparation it was going to take.  Could I do it?  With kids, work and everything else?

So like most things I do, I was all in.  And it WAS NOT easy, I worked my tail off, literally and as you can see from my results, it was very effective.  


I worked for the results with the support of my husband and managed to push thru my 90 days.  I was feeling great!!  But I didn't quite know what to do once I was done.  It was REALLY hard to get thru the program. I made unbelievable changes to my body. I figured I'd do another round and really dial it in.  

We finished the program right around November and went on vacation with the kids over Thanksgiving break.  And it happened.  Like it happens to many people, my focus changed, work picked up significantly.  Stress level started ramping up and next thing you know it's TWO YEARS later.  At this point I'm not only back to Day Zero- but now I'm having gall bladder problems and my health is in serious decline. 

NYC 1/2 Marathon


 So I set another goal for myself.  I always enjoyed running and ran cross country in high school. I decided I needed a new goal.   I was going to run the New York City 1/2 Marathon.  I half heartedly entered the race and  figured since there was a lottery there was probably NO WAY I'd get in.  WRONG!!


I started training in January of 2014 in the dead of New England winter.  I purchased a running plan and started training.  I had hoped to finish the race in 2.5 hours if possible.  



I actually CRUSHED my goal and crossed the finish at 2:09:09!  I was ECSTATIC!  It was  fantastic run thru Central Park, thru Times Square and right down to the financial district, past ground zero. I was beyond proud of my accomplishment and ready for my next challenge!



But little did I know that this was not to be.  I pushed so hard in my run that I injured myself.  I ended up with post tibial tendonitis.  So after the high of the race, literally the day later I was crippled.


 I was now sentenced to be in a boot for 6 weeks.  This was NOT in the plan! I just busted my but for 12 weeks preparing to run this race and I never expected THIS.  I was beyond bummed but I knew I'd have to make a plan.  

I know now that my big mistake? Not stretching enough pre and post run! But that wasn't going to speed along the next month and a half!!

Time passed and I wasn't 100% but I wanted to start my next program.  Over that 6 weeks I found out about Challenge Groups while I was on FaceBook. There were Beach Body Coaches that ran them and would help guide you as you wen thru the programs.  I thought that was a great idea!  I didn't have that kind of support the first time I did P90X the first time.  If I had questions, my husband and I had to just figure them out.  So I signed up, dusted off my P90X and went for it.


I successfully completed P90X and I'm currently on day 60 of P90X3!  And not only did I complete the P90X successfully in a Challenge Group.  I'm now a coach too!  I help people meet their goals and share how I managed to make my transformation and strategize how they can meet theirs!

I have learned so much from my Challengers and I'm always thrilled to help more people.  

If you learn anything from my story, its that success is rarely a straight line. Just because you have a set back doesn't mean you can't come back from it.  It's simply putting one foot in from of the other and finding a way!  

BRING IT!  And let me know if I can help you find your way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment