You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Friday, October 10, 2014

Set yourself up for for Success!

So what do you do every day to set yourself up for success?  

It is a practice that I found didn't come second nature for me.  I'l be honest with you, I love to sleep and the idea of getting up at 5 AM still does not thrill me!  There are definitely tricks I use to make sure I'm ready to go.

Prep day doesn't end on Sunday!




The first is to set my workout clothes up the night before.  That way when I'm bleary eyed in the morning there is one less thing to think about.  






My E&E is on hand to mix up and drink before I Push Play.   

My mornings are jam packed, if I wait too long, the kids are looking for my help before the bus comes.  Not to mention prepping for the work day and making sure my bags are packed. 



My meals are in the fridge prepped and ready so I can literally grab and go.  I like to add my snacks to my lunch bag the night before.  There is definitely nights when no matter how hard I try, I can't get my bag packed.  So the more things I have ready or 1/2 way there, takes time off the morning routine. Some mornings  I need every single free minute!
Another way I help myself focus?  "Airplane Mode" on my phone. When I go to bed at night I don't want to hear the ding of a text or e-mail. I need my sleep!  I also don't want anything to interfere with my workout.   Its so easy to get distracted and next thing you know 15 minutes flies by (half my workout time).  I absolutely LOVE technology, but we really need to re-learn how to be present.

You can't give your 100% best with distractions. For me as a mom, you can't always be 100% distraction -less, but anything you can do to assist- you should try. (Did I mention getting up at 5 AM?)

 This is YOUR time, allow yourself this moment to self improve.  Own it!  

You need to remind yourself of why you started and what goals you set.  Its fine if the path to success takes a bit longer than expected by don't loose site of why you started.  








No comments:

Post a Comment