You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Progress Not Perfection - It Takes TIME!

My story is no different than many of yours.  I wanted to make a change in my health and I set out to do just that.  The hardest lesson I have had to learn over the years is trying a program only to have it seeming stall out even backslide even though I felt as though I put EVERYTHING into it.
10 Month Results


My FIRST instinct... GIVE UP. Yes, its absolutely true.  So easy to want to throw in the towel because my results were not coming quickly enough or I didn't SEE a big enough change after just one week! I honestly laugh at that now that I know it takes well over a week to see real, substantial changes.  It takes LONGER than that to create a habit so I just needed to give these programs the time they needed to see results.  

Everyone sees a before and after and they want the after, they want to know the "secret" to achieving a transformation. But I have to tell you that there really is no secret! 

#1. Learning a different way to eat and workout that will fit into your life; and

#2. Being consistent. 

For me the "consistent" part was the hardest until I got involved in challenge groups a little over a year and a half ago.  The reason they worked for me is that it held me accountable to a group for my workouts and nutrition.  But it also provided a POSITIVE framework and support I was lacking before! We all, literally, struggle together. 
Have you ever tried something new and everyone you thought would be supportive isn't? It happens, sometimes not from their desire for you to fail but lack of understanding.  



This team mentality as well as my fitness and nutrition programs have kept me going because its MY blue print for success. What workout to do, what to eat, how to fit this into my life.  I learned it all in Challenge Groups. 

As a busy working mom with 2 school age kids, horses, dogs, you name it.  I have little time to drive to a gym to get a workout in.  I do however, have time to either push play on my DVD or stream my On Demand workout for 30 minutes a day.  I'm just not in a place where group exercise classes work out for me right now.  But I missed the SOCIAL aspect of my gym.  My Challenge Group provided that part too.  I made amazing friends in my group that are still my friends today!

There are days that I would likely skip my workout, or maybe I was out and forgot to pack my food so I might cheat. Having the messages from the group or even just that point of contact, reminded me of my goal. Even when I had a rough weekend that didn't go as planned, I was more likely to pick back up the next day because of my Challenge Group.

So if you take anything away from this post- real results take time but it is possible to get them.

If you are pressed for time and want to try a different program that may help you start, get on track or even back on track- apply below and I'd love to help you learn more about my upcoming groups.  


You can do this, its a process but it's one you can achieve.  No giving up.  You are worth it!
Fill out my online form.

No comments:

Post a Comment