You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

New Year- Time to SHINE!


About two years ago I joined a Challenge Group for the first time, I had NO idea what it was all about but I was so desperate to make a change I decided to give it a try.  After all, what did I have to lose?  What I was currently doing just was not getting me the results I wanted. 

I made improvements on my own but I just could not seem to make them stick or lose that donut from my midsecton (literally)!  What was missing? What did a challenge group really have to offer me?? This is what I learned


1. Accountability


I was part of a closed, private group on-line.  Even though it wasn't in person, we all checked in daily to report on how we did every day.  Even if you struggled you reported and likely found out that others maybe struggled too.  The accountability was great because the truth is every day isn't perfect.  Seeing how others managed thru their days helped me learn ways to do better.  My coach posted inspiration daily that helped me stay on track and stay the course!



2. Consistency


Everyone starts a program.  That's the easy part.  But sticking to it every day, or getting back on track, that was the hard part. If I though I might skip one day, or found myself off track, I would see the posts from other Challengers and I might be inspired to keep going.  Not to give up and keep putting one foot in front of the other.


3. Nutrition did not mean starving!

I actually had to eat at least 6 times a day. But not what you may think, boring boiled chicken and bland rice. FLAVOR! I mean if I couldn't enjoy what I was eating- sticking to it just wasn't going to happen! But in the group, we shared recipes and tricks on how to swap out less favorable choices for better ones.  Lets face it, I'm a working mom.  Its easy to fall flat with nutrition in favor of fast food or more processed meals.  The tips in the groups and learning how to meal prep were life savers for me! 
Not to mention having one of my daily meals ready to go so I didn't have to prepare it.  Shakeology helped to add one meal to my plate that I could mix up in the blender and go.  Especially key on those busy mornings when I had to fit in my workout, get the kids out the door and myself to work.

4. Non-Scale Victories mean MORE!

I learned that the scale was not the BEST way to measure my progress.  While that scale might stay the same some weeks- I still experienced amazing inch loss and my body was getting stronger and I looked and felt AMAZING!


It wasn't an overnight process, but I learned something I didn't have before:  Consistent dedication! No magic pills, no wraps no BS. Learning to eat cleaner, make improvements and stay consistent over time.  

You absolutely can do it too.  What is holding you back from committing to a change? Push the fear and self doubt aside and do this because you know you can do better and maybe what you have been doing isn't getting you where you want to be.  I took the leap and I'm never looking back! 

My next Challenge Group begins January 4th! Apply today!
Fill out my online form.

No comments:

Post a Comment