You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Leadership Retreat: Destin Florida!



I recently returned from Destin Florida. This was my FIRST Leadership Retreat and I realize you may not know what that is about and I want to share my experience with you! I was honored to be invited to this retreat by my Coach and spend it with 39 other women on our team.




The Location
The long weekend would include accommodations at a mansion, pool and jacuzzi just steps from a private white sand beach! Four days of personal development, training, a photo shoot and an FUN just for helping people to reach their goals!!?? This is truly my DREAM come TRUE!! So HOW could I pass it up?

Inside Scoop

Well I was SCARED OUT OF MY MIND for one! Yep, I've been on many a business trip, but a retreat like this?! Uh..... NO. Not ever. What was going to happen? What did I get myself into? Were we going to have to get tattoos?



You want to know the DEAD honest truth? I was scared because I have NEVER gotten along well with other women... EVER. I'm not the kind of person that has loads of girlfriends. Really. I had low self esteem as a kid and never felt part of the crowd EVER, awkward in my own skin. That's a blog post for another time.

In this situation I felt like there was a good chance this trip could be the BEST or the WORST thing ever. But there is such a profound FIRE in me for this opportunity, none of that mattered. I was going to soak it all in and make the best of it.



I used to see other Coaches going on these trips and thought that would be SO NICE!! And here it was! MY TURN!
It was AMAZING
I have to be honest that it was the BEST decision I EVER made! Not only did I have the opportunity to dedicate time to myself and my business. But I had the honor to spend it with a group of women who were also taking a chance on believing in themselves!


Theme: Be That Girl!

The theme of our retreat was "Be That Girl" based on the book by Alexis Jones - How to Speak your Truth, Discover your Purpose and #bethatgirl. We all needed to dig deeper for our WHY. Why I am SO PASSIONATE about Coaching and learning what I can do to be better for my challengers and my coaches. How can I give them tools to continue their own journey's?



Arrived Thursday: Glam Squad A day and a half was centered around a photo shoot for each of us by a fabulous photographer and glam squad. It was so amazing that this was coordinated for us as part of our reward as leaders building our business.

Training Begins

The first night of training was Friday night and we spent two hours getting to know all 40 women and how BeachBody changed their life physically, emotionally and financially! We laughed, we cried, I was inspired as I listened to their stories of overcoming the obstacles that led them here.


This is was only the official day ONE of training and it was eye opening. So much light and positive energy! Truly AWESOME!! With this many people on one retreat I could not believe how smoothly things went and the relationships we quickly developed. We all want each other to do well and learning from each other was such an awesome opportunity too!


Training Day 2: 

Corporate RepresentationThe following day Cim Carver, Sr. Director, Field Development & Hispanic Sales from Beachbody Corporate travelled to Destin to provide training and sit with each and everyone of us about our businesses. That was really amazing, to have that kind of insight, to our personal and business goals as well. That kind of interest by Corporate was truly such a positive impact.


Inspired!? 

Have you felt like your life is happening to you instead of you having control of what happens in your life? Like you have LOST all control? I felt like that for too many year to count. The loss of my best friend to breast cancer sent me into a downward spiral. I blamed EVERYONE and EVERYTHING for what was happening in MY life. My health declined, my family suffered. I took jobs and opportunities I would NEVER consider just because I felt I had NO OTHER OPTIONS.



NO MORE. There's NO need to waste precious time on things I can't control. I AM FOCUSED on what matters and the things I can control. Like being a role model to my children and pulling myself out of that deep hole of self loathing and depression.

Sweat by the Pool
Why I CoachThis business of Coaching started for me as a way to keep me Accountable I needed that extra push for my own health and fitness and has grown into SO MUCH MORE! I have not only built up my own confidence, but helped others find theirs. I have grown thru personal development and found real happiness. I have made AMAZING friends all over the country!! Challenger’s and Coaches alike!! HOW COOL IS THAT!! Eeekkk!! Seriously gives me chills!

Gourmet clean eating kitchen!

I have been blessed to travel to amazing places and experience such awesome things.



All because I set aside the doubt and listened to my heart and took a leap of faith. REALLY! Hanging out with these girls, I laughed till I actually cried too! I learned so much about myself, stepping out side of my comfort zone and really INVESTING in my future. I'm not afraid of hard work. What I am TERRIFIED of is NEVER TRYING!

This opportunity from day one made my palms sweat and my heart race. I knew deep down that it was the right direction for me, yet I allowed doubts to creep in and delay my commitment. I realize now that many of us experience that same fear! Once you break thru it, you open the door to absolutely AMAZING things!


I also learned REAL, TANGIBLE skills to push my business forward! While having a mini-vacation, workouts EVERY morning and gourmet, clean meals every day! Yeah, sign me up for my next leader retreat!!
Morning Sweat with my BFF's
It is totally true when they say, the things you want are outside of your comfort zone. It is true. Why not believe in yourself? I knew it was time to stop being a victim and start engaging in my life. This is my time and this trip solidified it for me.

Blinders on, eyes on the prize. The better I am as a leader the better I will do. I cannot succeed if I am not POSITIVELY IMPACTING the lives of the people that join me on this journey. Period. And if I wasn't sure about it before, I sure as hell am now.



I am so proud and fulfilled to be part of something bigger than me. I cannot wait to see where it takes me next and who decides to take a chance on themselves as well.

Are You Ready?

If you are serious about learning more, fill out the application below! I would LOVE to talk to you about this opportunity and what it can mean for you! You are worth it! And I know it!

Fill out my online form.


Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment