You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Progress is Progress- Just Keep Swimming!!


As you move thru your fitness journey you are going to go thru may different emotions.

It is so easy to get discouraged and want to see instant results.  But the hard facts are - it takes time and effort.  That's REALITY.

Honor and respect yourself for the work you are putting in daily!  Rome wasn't built in a day is not a cliche.  It's truth.  Part of this process is about changing your mindset - I know we all have goals for our bodies.  I'm no different.  But how about looking at the things we are able to accomplish or like about ourselves too during this process!?  That's a unique thought for sure.  We are so conditioned to see the flaws. 


Those things you dislike about yourself will begin to fade as you work every day to improve. But I'm here to tell you bluntly, it takes time. If you put your head down, TRUST THE PROCESS, do the work. It will happen. You'll pass by the mirror one day and say "Wait? Is that ME!!"  Every step you take towards improving your health and nutrition is a step in the right direction. 

I struggle with my workouts most days because I push myself out of my comfort zone. I have learned that simply I HAVE ALOT TO LEARN!  Just when I think I've mastered a move or get a little full of myself I get a reality check as a reminder! 


Do I get discouraged and want to come down on myself?  ABSOLUTELY. But what I have learned is next time, I will try harder and likely do better.  That is growth. So when I can actually hold Crow Pose for more than 0.5 seconds, or when I manage to balance in Half Moon I take that as a win and move on. 

On the days when I'm SO exhausted and I just can't get that extra push up in like I did the week before, am I disappointed?  Yes, do I let it define me?  No way!  I just do what I can for that day. I'm WAY TOO SMART to beat myself up!  I'm an accomplished woman and I'll be damned if I'm gong to let something I'm doing to improve my life become a negative experience!



More importantly because this journey is mine, I'm not competing against anyone but myself. I enjoy the process, I've learned a lot about myself and what I'm capable of. YOU WILL TOO!! That is what is so exciting for me!  Because I'm not some super athlete or competing for an Olympic event (there is nothing wrong with that BTW!), I'm TRAINING FOR DAILY LIFE!  I have two active l kids and work full time, I have pets, family and friends. I like to give back and work with favorite charities. My plate is FULL!  I couldn't do it all if i didn't have my health.

What ever your reasons are, be kind to yourself along the way. Just like the nutrition, you will not stick tonit ifnitnisntje taste good.  You have to learn how to cook.  Learn how to be good to yourself too, your more likely to keep going strong if your biggest daily cheerleader is YOU!  (And me!  Because I'll be here cheering for you too!!)

Keep up the AMAZING with Warriors, we fight another day!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment