You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lemon Pepper Roast Turkey Breast

One of my FAVORITE recipes is roast turkey.  I have to admit that I didn't cook a whole lot before cleaning up my nutrition. 

First and foremost you need a good roasting pan. Preheat your oven to 325, per your labels roasting directions. 


Next I LOVE my roasting rack. It positions Your bird very nicely and if you are ambitious enough to roast the WHOLE bird you don't have to tie and truss it.  You'll notice the pan is lined. I use foil lined parchment. This speeds clean up big time. No pan scrubbing!  I AINT GOT TIME FOR THAT!! 


Next are my tools of the trade!  A lemon reamer, Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Grapeseed Oil and lemons!  I wash the turkey breast out well, and set it on my roasting rack. I lightly baste it with the Grapeseed Oil (you can use olive oil too etc.. ). I squeeze some cut lemons over the bird and stuff the used halves in the body cavity. I sprinkle the skin with Mrs. Dash and finally pour about 2-3 cups of water into the pan. This helps the humidity in the oven and makes for a juicy bird. 


Prepped and ready for the foil tent!! 


You defiantly need a foil tent for about 2/3 of the cooking process. Otherwise the skin will burn.  Then I remove the foil and the skin browns nicely. 




While I won't eat the skin. My kids and husband may have some and they DO enjoy it. 




I can't explain how moist and delicious this turkey is!  The key is in the slow roast and the citrus really gives it amazing flavor.  This was about a 9lb. bird. That will definitely last me the week and then some!  

Carve, portion out and ENJOY!!





No comments:

Post a Comment