You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

You Have One Life- Make it Shine!

Friday, May 27, 2016

Healthy Chicken Caprese





This recipe is AMAZING and SIMPLE!! First time I had it was last summer when my Coach made it for me! It is in the Fixate Cookbook and why I never tried it, I don't know!! But as fancy as it looks its sooooo easy!! Its in the grilling rotation THIS summer for sure!!

Each is one serving- and for the Fix 1/2 Green, 1 Red and 1 Blue.

Ingredients
1 (4 oz) Raw Boneless, Chicken Breasts
Dash Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
Basil
Fresh Mozzarella
Tomato
Pesto (you can purchase jarred pesto if you don't make your own)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 (or heat Grill)
Season chicken evenly with pepper on both sides.
Heat oil in skillet, over medium heat
Add chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides, until no longer pink in the middle (or grill)
Remove chicken from pan, and place on baking sheet
*Layer Basil, Pesto, tomato slices and mozzarella slices
Cook until cheese is melted
Enjoy!

*If you are grilling, you can brush the Pesto on, layer a basil leaf, tomato and slice of Mozzarlla and you are good to go!! I usually give a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar or himalayan salt myself! YUM!

Its soooooo fabulous!! ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment